A hearing aid fitting is a process where an audiologist matches a hearing aid to a person’s individual hearing loss. This ensures that the hearing aid amplifies sound in the way that is most beneficial for the person with hearing loss. A proper fitting also considers the type and degree of hearing loss, as well as the person’s lifestyle and listening needs.
Why Are Hearing Aid Fittings Important?
There are a few key reasons why having a proper hearing aid fitting is so important:
1. To ensure that the hearing aid is providing the right amount of amplification. If the hearing aid is too loud or not loud enough, it will be ineffective.
2. To make sure that the hearing aid is comfortable to wear. If it is not comfortable, the person with hearing loss will be less likely to wear it, which means it will not be effective.
3. To ensure that the hearing aid is easy to use. If the controls are confusing or difficult to use, the person with hearing loss will be less likely to use them.
4. To make sure that the hearing aid works well with any other assistive listening devices that the person with hearing loss may use, such as cochlear implants or FM systems.
5. To provide education on how to use and care for the hearing aid so that it lasts as long as possible.
A proper hearing aid fitting is crucial for people with hearing loss who want to benefit from wearing a hearing aid; educating oneself about hearing loss, audiology, and hearing assistance tools is an enlightening and important part of wearing hearing aids. A good fitting also ensures that the amplification is set at the right level, that the device is comfortable to wear, and that it works well with any other assistive devices that may be needed.
We want to help you hear better. Our Toronto hearing clinic has everything you need to help your hearing, from hearing tests and hearing aid repair to replacement batteries, tinnitus treatments in Toronto, and so much more. With a team of audiologists, who know what it takes to deliver high-quality and compassionate care, our services are perfect for those with age-related hearing concerns and children. Plus, Toronto Family Hearing also performs ear cleaning and ear wax removal in Toronto for those with related concerns. If you want quality care that can make a difference, contact us today at (416) 792-9400 or [email protected]